Now for something completely different to finish off my 6 days of quotes!! This will be a quote from one of my favourite novels, “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams
“Here’s what The Encycolpaedia Galactica has to say about alcohol. It says that alcohol is a colorless volatile liquid formed by the fermentationof sugars and also notes its intoxicating effect on certain carbon-based life forms.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.
It says the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brain smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a gold brick.
The Guide also tells you on which planets the best Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters are mixed, how much you can expect to pay for one and what voluntary organizations exist to help you rehabilitate afterwards.”
The Guide even tells you how to mix one yourself!
- Take the juice from one bottle of Ol’ Janx Spirit.
- Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V — Oh, that Santraginean seawater! Oh, those Santraginean fish!
- Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
- Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
- Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.
- Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
- Sprinkle Zamphuor.
- Add an olive.
- Drink… but… very carefully…
Obviously some of those things are going to be tough to find in their intergalactic forms… so this is as close as I could de-cypher in Earth Terms
- Take the juice from a bottle of Southern Comfort (1oz)
- Pour into it one measure of Sea Wynd Rum (1oz)- Oh, that Rum that tastes like Sea Water!
- Allow three cubes of Gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced, so add a little water as liquor doesn’t freeze)
- Allow 4oz of Club Soda to bubble through it
- Over the Back of a spoon float a measure of green Creme de Menthe (1/2oz)
- Drop in the a Sugar Cube that has been dipped in hot sauce. Watch it dissolve.
- Sprinkle Lemon Juice
- Add an olive
- Drink….but.. very carefully…