January 17th, Happy National Hot Buttered Rum Day!!
It took a while… but, winter is finally in full swing. We’ve had a couple of Blizzards come through here that were fast and fierce.
It’s actually not that bad today. Nice and sunny and only -8 with wind chill!
I don’t know how cold it is for all of you.. possibly not cold at all! (I’m thinking of you, Robbie and probably Carole! Lol!)
But, let’s not bother going outside. Let’s not bother digging ourselves out.
Let’s just get cosy and comfy and drink some Hot Buttered Rum!!
Hot Buttered Rum Recipe:
Ingredients: serves 4
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sticks cinnamon, for garnish
- Using an electric mixer or a sppon and some elbow grease, beat the brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl until blended and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup (or larger) measuring cup.
- Add the rum and then 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir until the butter mixture dissolves.
- Divide the buttered rum among 4 mugs. Garnish with the cinnamon sticks and serve.