4.5 out of 5 Stars
Thank you to Shannon at Reads & Reels for having me on the tour for this fantastically fun and mind twisting read!
Ten speculative fiction stories inspired by the original Twilight Zone series, including
cautionary tales, horror, science fiction, and more.
In the spirit of that iconic, timeless show, these mysterious and gripping narratives explore
parallel worlds, faraway planets, dystopian societies, and unsettling reality.
• A toddler shifts through parallel worlds, changing into different versions of herself. What
would a mother do for her daughter?
• A chef finds an alternate food source on a remote world. When the new chef arrives, will
he be forced to reveal a horrific secret?
• A twelve-year-old Earth girl is randomly chosen to rule the galaxy. Why are galactic
administrators so desperate to stop her?
• Humanity is on trial, annihilation at stake. Can an underdog alien lawyer save us?
• Time seems to stand still as a young boy bikes with his troubled friend. Is the friend
causing this phenomenon—and what if he doesn’t stop it?
Explore space and time—and confront humanity’s deepest fears—with Ten Tales of a Dark
“There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission…”
This book took me right back to my childhood!! When I saw “Inspired by the original Twilight Zone”, I was all in. It did not disappoint! If you want some fun tales to open your mind and transform you to a dark tomorrow… you’ve come to the right place! With all the old thrills and twists that you loved, these tales will keep you guessing.
The best thing about them is that they aren’t all the same. Some set in what seems to be a distant future, some that will take you place right in a very familiar setting, but, all great!!
It was such a unique idea to preface each story with an explanation as to where the idea came from. I loved the things that inspired each of these tales, and it gave each tale more of a personal touch.
Fans of “Twilight Zone”, Sci-Fi, and just good old mind expanding goodness, step right up!
Pick up your copy Now!
Kevin A. Kuhn is a proud member of Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America. His first novel, Do You Realize?, won five independent literary awards and spent time as a number one Amazon best seller in four countries. He is also a retired technology executive who currently teaches at a major business school. Kevin lives in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, with his wife, Melinda, and their five kids—three human children and two schnoodles.
Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow is Best Served with a Twilight Zone Cocktail
Surprise, Surprise!! Bet you didn’t see this one coming!
- 1oz Light Rum
- Coconut Cream (I used coconut milk)
- 1/2oz Melon Liqueur
- 5oz crushed ice
- Blue Curacao
- Mix first 4 ingredients together (or blend, if your ice is not yet crushed)
- Pour into glass
- Slowly pour in blue curacao to float it on top (or, if you used coconut MILK like I did….watch it sink right to the bottom. Ha ha! STILL TASTES GREAT!)