Sorry….. Did I say that too loudly? …*whisper* happy national bloody mary day.
Hope you all had a great night last night!! Even though my blog is booze based I’m not much of a party girl! So, I was in bed at a nice respectable hour!
I got a wonderful, comfy sleep in my own bed..
And I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed first thing this morning!!
Ok, so maybe we all need a little “hair of the dog”! So, let’s make some Bloody Mary’s!!
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) vodka
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- About 1 cup ice cubes
- any garnish you desire
- Rub a slice of lime around the rim of the glass and twirl in some celery salt on a plate to rim the glass
- In 11-ounce highball glass, stir together tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Fill glass with ice, then pour mixture into second glass.
- Pour back and forth 3 to 4 times to mix well,
- then sprinkle lemon juice over.
- Garnish with whatever you want! Be creative!! I am the Queen of garnish and prefer to make my Bloody Mary into a meal, so I garnished mine with a shrimp, pepperoni, horseradish cheddar, a pickled garlic scape and an olive! GO NUTS