Happy National Stuffed Mushroom Day!! And coincidentally, it falls on SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!
So, I have a dilemma with this years Superbowl… I don’t know who to cheer for!! I’m not a fan of Tom Brady (please, don’t start hitting your unfollow buttons… I’m sorry.) (and no, it’s not because of his deflated balls specifically… Lol!) But, the Pats have also already had their day in the sun… But, the Eagles are my brother in laws team AND pretty much my teams arch nemeses… my team is the Cowboys (PLEASE, don’t start pushing your unfollow buttons AGAIN! I know… why?? But, think of what I’ve had to go through the past few years and you can at least feel A LITTLE sorry for me!!) But, if the Eagles win I will NEVER. HEAR. THE. END. OF. IT. What to do?!?! Any suggestions??
Well, it’ll be an interesting night. But, at least A DELICIOUS NIGHT!!!
So, on to stuffed mushrooms!! I went with Jalepeno popper stuffed mushrooms!! Here’s the recipe and they only take about 25 mins, so plenty of time at Half-time!! Although, Justin Timberlake will be bringing sexy back.. so I don’t know if you’ll want to miss that! Lol!
Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 whole white button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4-oz) can diced jalapeños, drained
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place a baking rack on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Combine cream cheese, garlic, jalapeños, cheese and cooked bacon.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into mushroom caps. Place on baking rack.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Now back to the game!!!