So, Happy National Sangria Day All!
When I found out December 20th was National Sangria Day, I was very confused. Sangria?? In December?? WHY??? I scoured the interweb to no avail. It was to remain a mystery… And then the Holiday Season hit, and the stress, and the lack of sleep, and the cold….Okay, so it’s about 1 degree Celsius today when it should be about -15, but, it’s the PRINCIPAL! I figured out the reason for having Sangria Day in December!!
It’s to have a nice relaxing day at the Beach in December!! (Don’t you feel like you’re THERE?? My picture is VERY authentic!)
So, here is your recipe to make your own Sangria and we’ll have a relaxing day at the beach together:
- 25 ounces/750 ml bottle of red wine
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- 1 orange (cut into wedges)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I actually used agave syrup instead which was really good)
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy, gin, rum …whatever you want (This time I changed things up and did 1oz Cointreau and 1oz Amaretto)
- 2 cups ginger ale or club soda
- Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon and orange into the wine.
- Toss in the fruit wedges (try to remove seeds first, if possible) and add sugar and brandy.
- Chill overnight to marry the flavors.
- Add ginger ale or club soda just before serving.
- If you’d like to serve it right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice
You can also add any sort of fruit you like. Look at the produce market and see what’s in season right now, then pick a few favorites to match up. For instance, you might add sliced strawberries along with diced peaches and a handful of fresh blueberries. Raspberries with a few slices of kiwi make a nice combination for the red wine as well. Feel free to add any frozen fruit from your freezer as well! I used frozen strawberries in mine. Just thaw them in some cold water first and try not to get too much water in your drink.
Now that you have the recipe to make your own, GO DO IT! I’ll wait………………..
Got it? Now, let’s have our relaxing day at the beach
Well, I hope you’re all feeling relaxed now! I’ve really enjoyed taking this trip away from the stresses of the day with you!
My sister thinks this recipe is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person