Hey All!! I hope you’re all enjoying a nice Easter weekend!! If this post is up than I’m, sadly, back at work… But, I hope that all of you are having a great weekend! And, if not, I hope that I’m about to make it better. How about some video games to keep you occupied?? And, in light of this “Hoppy” time of the season (see what I did there??) how about some Rabbit related games to get in the mood??
1. My first choice was “The Night of the Rabbit” by Daedalic Entertainment. Now, I will confess to you all that I. LOVE. DAEDALIC. They are an amazing production company that does very immersive, beautiful point & click games. I would pretty much play anything they made. So, I may be a little biased on my opinion of this game. They always have great voice acting and stories. If you are looking for something fast-paced and high impact, this definitely won’t be for you. If you like something story intensive and visual focused… here you go! 4/5
2. “Bunny Adventure” By CASGames. This is a very simple platformer. I wasn’t a big fan of the controls because if you use a controller your right and left directionals are on one analog stick and the up and down directionals are on the other analog stick… it gets very confusing. But, if you use the keyboard, your directional buttons are all together and normal (arrow keys or ASDW as per usual) but I couldn’t find the punch button anywhere and there didn’t seem to be an explanation for keys to help. 2/5
3. “Hare in the Hat” by RunServer. A point & click/puzzle/hidden object game. Wow. Don’t buy this game unless you plan on playing it entirely by someone else’s walkthrough! You are thrown into the game with NO explanation whatsoever and just left to your own clueless devices. I clicked on things around this room you see above for a while before I gave up and looked at a walkthrough for some guidance and I never would have figured out MOST of what they said to do!! 1.5/5
4. “Cuties” by Atriagames. A puzzle game where you have to control 2 rabbits at one time strategically allowing them each to gather all of their carrots and feed them to the Pig. A cute game that makes you think. I enjoyed it, although I didn’t have any of the install issues that others seem to be having, so beware of install redirection issues just in case!! But, I like a game that takes some creative problem solving at your own pace. 3/5
5. “Your Bunny Wrote” by Rhino Games is in the vein of an old 2D NES puzzle game. Help the Bunny collect his carrots and his letters by flipping signs, putting out fires, extending bridges and riding elevators to strategically pick up everything before exiting the level. This is a surprisingly enjoyable game!! Nothing fancy, but enjoyable! 3.5/5
6. And last, but definitely not least, “Boo Bunny Plague” by On The Level Game Studios. A comedic sci-fi action adventure. …when a game has a musical number about how the crazy robotic rabbits “Mother” taught it to pee standing up in the first 5 minutes of the game??? I’m sold. The controls are a little clunky and I did a lot better when I figured out how to use my shield, Lol! But, all in all a funny and enjoyable time! Well worth the $2.19 that I spent on it, for sure! 4/5