So, this might go a little weird.. And I hope no one hate me for it, but as well as National Irish Coffee Day
It’s ALSO Robbie Burns Day!! (A day to celebrate the life and works of Scottish poet Robert Burns)
So, I figured that we’d start the day with an authentic Irish Coffee and a poem from Robbie Burns while we drink! (I know, the Irish and the Scottish in the same post?? WHAT AM I THINKING!!) Hopefully, no one gets TOO angry about it!
I hope you will all come back and join me later today for my post featuring Robbie Burns Dinner and the piping in of the haggis!
But first, some Irish Coffee!
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 jigger Irish whiskey (1 1/2 ounces or 3 tablespoons)
- Heavy cream, slightly whipped
- Fill mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty.
- Pour piping hot coffee into warmed glass until it is about 3/4 full.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Blend in Irish whiskey. Top with a collar of the whipped heavy cream by pouring gently over back of spoon.
Now, go make yourselves one, I’ll wait..
And enjoy ‘A Red, Red Rose’ by Robert Burns