Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Here is some food to help you celebrate!!
Bean and Cheese Dip
- 1 15 ounce can refried black beans
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 15.5 ounce jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar A Mexican cheese blend, or pepper jack would be good too)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add refried beans and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 45 seconds or until warm enough to stir together.
- Add taco seasoning to the bowl and mix.
- Spread bean mixture into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish then top with salsa, shredded cheese and jalapeño slices. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, and serve tortilla chips.
Chili Lime Corn Salad
- 2 cups of corn
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mix corn and chopped cilantro together, set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, chili powder and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to corn mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I enjoyed all of this with a shot of Don Julio Tequila. But, if that isn’t your thing then try out a nice Margarita!! Check out my recipe here!