I know this isn’t about books OR booze…but, I digress…
I saw this post over with Shyra at “On the Midnight Train” https://www.onthemidnighttrain.com/blogmas-day-9-the-christmas-tag/ and decided to answer it myself!! Feel free to do the same, or to comment below with your own answers!
Hello Friends! Here is a quick and fun Christmas Tag, feel free to re-use these questions for your own post!
What are your favorite Christmas Movie’s?
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, A Christmas Sory
Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
A little of both!
Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?
Each year on we would have to wait for my Grandfather to come Christmas morning before we could go downstairs to open gifts. I hated the anticipation when I was young…but, I miss that so much now.
Favorite festive food?
MUSH!! (Normal people will call it hash brown casserole…and REALLY normal peolple probably don’t eat it at all!…but, it’s the most delicious thing ever!
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Favorite Christmas gift?
I love a good stocking. That’s all my boyfriend and I give each other now!
Favorite Christmas scent?
Apple Butter Crumble
Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
We all go to one of my Aunts house and do a silly gift exchange where I normally end up with everyone’s presents because I’m such a pack-rat and I love weird kitchy stuff!
What tops your tree?
A toilet paper roll version of my boyfriends and I.. I was on a budget when I first got my own tree and it just kind of continued as a tradition!
As a kid what was one gift you really wanted that you got?
The Playstation and Final Fantasy VII… even though my father wouldn’t let us play it Christmas morning because he had to “try it out” and then proceeded to play most of the game naming every character “Stupid” in hopes that they would say “Hi, I’m Stupid!”…it never happened. He was very disappointed. I love my Dad! Lol!