Yesterday was National Caesar Day in Canada! (…. the drink. Not the salad) in 2009, the Caesar was officially declared Canada’s National Cocktail by Parliament. So, how could I NOT celebrate?? And, what more Canadian way to celebrate than a garage party with a Caesar recipe concocted by one of my country’s most beloved icons, DAN AYKROYD!
I found this recipe in my local newspaper, but I’ll link it to the same article which I found online in The Chronicle Herald
Dan Aykroyd’s Golden Caesar
- Mott’s Clamato Rimmer mixed with edible gold powder (optional)
- 1/2 inch strip red chili pepper (mild or medium)
- 1.5 oz. Crystal Head Vodka
- 1.25 oz. Cabernet Sauvignon (Canadian brand)
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 5 oz. Mott’s Clamato Original
- Rim glass with Mott’s Clamato Rimmer mixed with edible gold powder.
- Muddle red chili piece in bottom of glass.
- Add vodka, wine, lemon juice, and sauces. Fill glass with ice.
- Top with Mott’s Clamato Original and stir.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and string bean (Matt & Steve’s Extreme Bean suggested). Skewer a small sparkler into a wedge of lemon and place on side of glass.
- Light sparkler outside before serving.